1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PSP and internet

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by aligebes, Mar 27, 2005.

1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am going to get a PSP this week and have a WI-FI network setup that services 3 PC's and 1 Apple MAC OS X machine.

My question is :

Can the PSP go on the internet now, or is the WI-FI used at the moment for the transfer of data?

I am only asking about internet as I am sure email is definetly out of the question at the moment,unless someone here knows differently!!!

I am aware from reading various forums that the PSP will probably get a firmware update that gives proper internet and email access soon, but have read reports about what people in Japan have acheived so far by tinkering.

My local import shop said he tried putting an html file onto the PSP but it only opened when he played a certain game, I'm assuming that the game must be Wipeout that reports here say there is a web browser.

He could'nt show me this,as he did not have any games in stock, and I would not buy from there as he wanted £300 for the PSP, value pack and something else(can't remember what it is!!)

I just want to know what people here have acheived and how easy it is to add the PSP to your network, I have a D-Link access point with latest firmware on it if that is of any use to people here.

Thanks in advance for any replies given!!

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Already been posted about here :smashin:

3. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi there, thanks for supplying the link for me, looks like my pal will be busy for me with the information given in that forum, I have also bookmarked that forum so that I may keep up to date.

Again Thank you