SONY PSP a connection error has occurred. (80110482)

T

tourettes

I have my psp setup to go online through my router which i also use for my lap top. my lap top is online right now. And my psp gets a signal from my router, but when I try to go online anyway on my psp after about 20 seconds of waiting on a screen that says

Connecting please wait...

i get this

A connection error has occurred.
(80110482)

whats my problem?

I have to diasable my encryption when using my PSP, then i am worried that a neighbor might be using my internet which was the reason i encrypted it in the first place!

Yes my PSP works fine with WEP disabled, but doesnt work with WEP enabled. I'm guessing that its the WEP key causing this, its weird that the setup has a an area to input your WEP key but doesn't ask you for the key index number 1-4.

I dont see how it will work without the WEP key and the key index number, but it just doesnt ask for it.

I think I get the same error code as this topic if I enable WEP.

If it wont work with Wep its a massive issue. No way I`m opening up my network. If this is correct they better get this problem patched pronto. Just out of interest I take it you all have Jap PSP ? Have you installed the latest firmware upgrade, I have heard their is wireless connectivity issues with the Jap PSP`s and this patch sorts some of them ?

May be there is something in the US instruction manual about this, I cant believe they would make this sort of mistake, it means you cant use the wireless functionality.

I do have a Jap PSP with the latest firmware too, that was how i was testing the wireless, doing the update. I will retest to be sure.

I use WPA PSK encryption simply because it is the only one i can work out how to set up and the PSP will not support this which is why i disable encryption while using it!

Mine is a JAP version and works OK with 128k WEP encryption, through a NETGEAR wireless router, Downloaded and installed the latest upgrade earlier today.

tourettes
What router etc are you using

Thats good, I couldnt see there being a problem. It should be as simple as putting in your key, thats all you need to do with Ipacs.

i've got a netgear router and it wouldn't work with 128 encryption, had to use 64 bit but works fine now

I don't yet have a wireless setup, but do have 3 PC's and 1 MAC all networked up via a Draytek router.I've been offered a D-Link wireless router, but was wondering if for the moment I could just add a PCI wireless Card to my PC and access the network via that?

A friend is writing a JAVA applet as mentioned in another topic, and my PC is only used for viewing SAT and freeview TV, so having it run as a WEBserver should be no hardship, should it?

Or would it be easier just getting the D-Link right now?

My Dell Axim wouldnt work with just a WEP key, it needed the Key index too!

I will retest my firmware updated PSP when i get a mo.

FYI I am using WEP 128 bit enryption with a linksys wireless router (WRT54G). I have 1 desktop, 2 laptops and a PDA all using the wireless fine.

tourettes said:
I have my psp setup to go online through my router which i also use for my lap top. my lap top is online right now. And my psp gets a signal from my router, but when I try to go online anyway on my psp after about 20 seconds of waiting on a screen that says

Connecting please wait...

i get this

A connection error has occurred.
(80110482)

whats my problem?
HEY Same thing happens to me exact same thing it worked at my buddies house but not for me at home if you figure out the problem email me: [email protected]

I have a Netgear Router DG834GT and 128bit WEP and my PSP works fine :) i have put up a guide to setting up your psp for wifi on my site below, hopefully it will help.

i've got a netgear router and it wouldn't work with 128 encryption, had to use 64 bit but works fine now

My PSP wont take my valid 10 character 64 bit wep key. I am using a Linksys router. Apparently there is an issue with 10 character keys.

It just says the key is invalid. It finds the wireless network no problems at all.

Shame, I want to play twisted metal online.

To be honest no. Bit lazy I know but means I will have to change setti ngs on My laptop and wireless access point plus the mrs IPA. I hate messing with stuff that is already working.

I should work really......

Just accessed the web via the PSP on our work wifi, which is WEP 64bit (10 digits Hex) again with a Netgear router without any problems, have you got the same password, in all for keys on your router ?

Not sure what you mean. Its a Linksys 54g router.In wirelless security this is how its setup on the router :

Security Mode: WEP
Default Transmit Key: 1 (other options 2,3,4)
WEP Encryption: 64bits 10hex digits
Passphrase: ******
Key 1: **********
Key 2:
Key 3:
Key 4:

I have tried putting the same passkey in the other three slots and it still dosnt work. It should work, it does with my Laptop, Wireless access point and the Mrs Ipac, no problems.

The error given by the PSP is

"The key you have entered is invalid. Enter a 10 or 26 character key when using hexadecimal, or a 5 or 13 character key when using ASCII characters."

Its a valid 10 character key I am using that works on everything else :confused: :confused: :confused:

Umm a bit stumped as well, have you tried using a password like A1A1A1A1A1 so there is no problems and not use the passphrase. If seems like there is something when you enter the password. I wonder if it is to do with the Linysys router as Netgear seems to work fine for me.

I might try 128bit, like I said its hastle though as I have to then mess around with all the other devices.

Maybe worth just switching of the WEP and see if that works ok, its easy to do on the router, as a last resort try 128bit, its worth the hassle :)

Well the net code on these things is an absolute joke. It wont take more than 13 characters on mine when inputing the code so I cant actually enter the 26 character key for 128 encryption.

Absolutely no ******* way I am switching off encryption on my network. Wasted enough time on this, have to wait for the next update when they will hopefully come up with a solution to the shoddy wireless implementation. I know alot of people are having problems with this.

Sort it out Sony :mad:

Thanks for the help anyway.

strange i had no problem entering a 26 character key on my psp (US version) btw i would only suggest switching off WEP for a few minutes, just to prove the PSP can connect.

I have a Netgear DG834 router and that works fine with 128bit WEP key, worked first time, been playing Gretzky and Twisted Metal online.

My neighbour has a unsecured wireless connection and I try to connect to his but I get this 801 error.

I have a Dlink 524 wireless router, I can connect when I have it unsecured, but when I activate WEP, I can not connect.

I'm not too bothered at the moment, as I suspect that when the official browser is released, there will also be an update as to how the PSP handles WEP.

As South Korea get the PSP released early MAY, they apparently are getting browser capability from the start, so I think it will be around then when an update appears.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom