Sony PS 3 firmware 2.5 is out

petetherock

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Three Speech: Semi-Official PlayStation Blog » New info on the firmware updates for PS3 and PSP…

PLAYSTATION®3 Firmware 2.50 Update

Other new features delivered through PS3 2.50 will include:
• Video – Video scene search functionality will provide thumbnails to help you find a particular scene in a video more easily.
For direct download
http://duk01.ps3.update.playstation...823ab63c96d570510b254a80755df446/PS3UPDAT.PUP

[Edited by Bald Monkey - Please do not copy and paste material from other forums]

Last edited:
Just started downloading.

Any other new features?

Offical Sony PS3 update page here..

It appears that's the main update for DVD/BR playback however.. :smashin:

Other Video based updates are..

Output Volume adjustment, Mosquito noise reduction for video saved on your Hard drive and Chroma upsampling improvements on SD-DVD and BR playback. :smashin:

Last edited:
:thumbsup:
Can't update yet though :( no TV. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Another monster plasma on the way???

Same size :) but the monitor only version. :smashin:
Here's what i'm using at the moment. :eek:

HPIM2837.jpg

Same size :) but the monitor only version. :smashin:
Here's what i'm using at the moment. :eek:

You're getting the new Pioneer KRP-600M I see? Very nice Kingfats, very nice indeed! Not to derail the thread too much, do you have a HDMI switch or will the 2 HDMI inputs on the 600M do you? Also, are you going to get this display calibrated like your last Pioneer?

You're getting the new Pioneer KRP-600M I see? Very nice Kingfats, very nice indeed! Not to derail the thread too much, do you have a HDMI switch or will the 2 HDMI inputs on the 600M do you? Also, are you going to get this display calibrated like your last Pioneer?

I'll send you a PM. :)

Wow, King. Im jealous to the core over your TV. And im not on about the Pioneer. ;)

I really wanted to keep this thread on topic, but I cannot help myself :D and have to ask whether that is a colour tv and have you noticed any change in PQ ?? ;)

I really wanted to keep this thread on topic, but I cannot help myself :D and have to ask whether that is a colour tv and have you noticed any change in PQ ?? ;)

Black and white :D i've had the TV for about 26 years :eek: and it's still going strong. :cool:
:oops: sorry for going off topic. :)

Black and white :D i've had the TV for about 26 years :eek: and it's still going strong. :cool:
:oops: sorry for going off topic. :)

So no change in PQ worth mentioning ?? :eek: :D

Is it ISF calibrated?:D

It looks like a pea on a drum:eek:

Scott

I hope you're using a high quality RF Connector to maximise picture quality.

This wind up could go on forever...

I just love the new stylish option that Sony are considering for inclusion as standard with their next Bravia X series: A loop aerial!

Sorry dude, but you posted the picture! :rotfl:

This has made me full of nostalgia :)

I can still remember when my dad bought me my first tv with a betamax VCR, I was over the moon.

What are the blacks like on it?

:D

King, I haven't laughed so much in ages. Remember to put it on the classifieds page after your Pio turns up. There's a few quid there if ever I saw it.. :rotfl:

Brilliant Kingfats... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You're really getting the best from your equipment then :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom