Sony PS 3 firmware 2.5 is out

Is there such an invention yet as black&white ray disks??

Typical.....took delivery of my new PS3 yesterday and updated to firmware 2.43 (I think) last night. :rolleyes:

I take it updates aren't going to be a daily event??? :D

I really must pay more attention to the forums....:rolleyes:

(BTW....enjoy the new tv and retirment Kingfats.....it's your fault I have a Tosh HD player.:smashin:)

Last edited:
mmm not happy

1. still no animated thumbs or thumb pictures with external drives
2. you still can not have sound from both hdmi & optical at the same time
3. you still can not have set named folders for your movies & tv series on the ps3 hardrive.
4. no delay in turning the console on when using the remote

poor

wish thay would sort this out

I'm not happy either, I still have to get off my ass and turn it on. When will Sony give us voice activated commands??? ;)

Not sure who it is but a forum member has a tag along the lines that he won't tell you what equipment he has for fear you'll rob him.

No worries for kingfats meethinks;).

Perhaps we should start another thread where we could all post photos of old kit still in use?

MODS - offf thread I know. Please be gentle:hiya:.

Perhaps we should start another thread where we could all post photos of old kit still in use?

MODS - offf thread I know. Please be gentle:hiya:.

Not in MY Forum.. :devil: :devil: :rotfl: ;) This is for HD stuff not BC stuff.. :D

Seriously though, this isn't the right forum for such a thread, but have a look about the rest of AVforums, there's plenty of stuff in the Members Home Cinema threads for example. :smashin:

Apologies for being boring, but does anyone know if there were any actual changes in firmware 2.50 that might have improved picture quality?

I posted this on page 1.

Offical Sony PS3 update page here..

It appears that's the main update for DVD/BR playback however.. :smashin:

Other Video based updates are..

Output Volume adjustment, Mosquito noise reduction for video saved on your Hard drive and Chroma upsampling improvements on SD-DVD and BR playback. :smashin:

I've not got around to doing mine, so can't comment from experience yet. :smashin:

Updated :thumbsup: all seems fine. :)

Did you try they VRS disk before mate ?? .. I am sure there are a couple of chroma upsampling demo's on the disk :)

Was just having some fun at Kingfats expense re:his b&w telly sat amongst all his high tech stuff :rotfl:
Sometimes I post from devices that don't have images shown. So I don't always see what people are referring to. Understand now. Thanks.

does anyone know if there is a update in the pipeline so that the ps3 can pass dts-hd and true-hd through bitstream.
the only reson im asking is i bought a sony str -dg850 and im getting fed up with not getting the decoding as i want it, ive even thought about getting a standalone blu-ray player but canna afford it atm with xmas round the corner.
sorry if this has gone off tonic but i didnt see much in the 2.50 update apart from the things thats been said and a couple of more options in the menus.
cheers in advance
steve

The PS3 does not bitsream HD audio.

If you set it to bitstream, you will only get Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1

I don't mind DD or DTS with my current equipment but wish the PS3 down converted them at a higher bitrate like HD DVD players do, instead of getting them at DVD bitrates.

I don't mind DD or DTS with my current equipment but wish the PS3 down converted them at a higher bitrate like HD DVD players do, instead of getting them at DVD bitrates.

Hi mjpartyboy. :)
You get max DD/DTS with the TrueHD/DTS-MA tracks. :smashin:
All the best.

The PS3 does not bitsream HD audio.

cheers for the reply ralphy.
yeh i know it dont at the moment but what i was asking is if it would be possible with a firmware upgrade for it to be able to do this, or would it need some sort of chip to be able to do it. or again is it impossible to to it full stop.
sorry if im making no sence of this but i cant get it out what i mean as normal lol.

i was just wondering if it will be possible in the future that the ps3 will be able to passthrough bitstream or not.

cheers for the reply ralphy.
yeh i know it dont at the moment but what i was asking is if it would be possible with a firmware upgrade for it to be able to do this, or would it need some sort of chip to be able to do it. or again is it impossible to to it full stop.
sorry if im making no sence of this but i cant get it out what i mean as normal lol.

i was just wondering if it will be possible in the future that the ps3 will be able to passthrough bitstream or not.

Not possible unfortunately, the chip in the PS3 isn't capable of outputting the HD soundtracks in bitstream form, though its no major thing as the PCM output is just as good. :smashin:

The only downside is the little lights on the amp don't light up :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom