• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony projector VPL-HS1 Bulb problems

MTeverson

Standard Member
:lease:

I have a Sony projector VPL-HS1 that keeps coming up with the same fault.
Once the projector has been running for 5 minutes the picture goes off and the bulb/holder light comes on. The projector has to be turned off and on up to Three times before the picture stays on.
I have noticed that one of the screws holding in the bulb holder does not have a washer however I don't know if this would cause the fault.
Does anyone know where to either find replacement washers, or to perhaps let me know if this is the problem, or if it is something else. I know it's not the bulb as it has only done just over 300 hours of use so far.
Any help given would be appreciated.

Mark

kef1234

Established Member
I now have the service manual for this machine if you want it emailing across, just bought it at the weekend, it has good technical drawings etc etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom