1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Problems, cable advice please

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ashy, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Ashy

Standard Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

Ive had the dreaded vertical scrolling lines problem on my KV-32FQ75, but this only occurs when watching a DVD.

My current config is:

AV1: TV
    AV2: Playstation 2
    AV3: DAVS550
    AV4: Empty

After a bit of fiddling (oo-er!) ive found that the problem stops if the scart from the sky digi box to the tv is removed. This is obviously a bit of a pain as whenever I want to watch a DVD ive got to go messing round the back of the TV, and it probably isnt doing the scart socket on the TV any good either.

So my question is, do I need different scart leads as im just using bog standard ones at present. Ive noticed through some threads talk of shielding, could this be my problem as it looks to me like an interference problem.

Ive also tried different configs on where the scart leads are plugged so things are on different AV channels but its still the same.

Im a bit clueless as to cable terminology etc, so if you suggest something can you explain what it is!! :)

Thanks chaps