• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony PMB - Putting files onto Hard Drive

Emptidub

Standard Member
Please can somebody help. I want to put files from PMB onto an External Hard Drive and delete the originals off my computer so I have space.

My files have been getting saved to my C: Drive, Pictures, but they have indeed filled up my C:Drive. I want to take all my existing files from the Pictures folder and put them on an External harddrive, so that I can remove them from my C:Drive. The problem is:
1. When I've done a test, and dragged one file from the Pictures folder onto the External Harddrive and deleted the original from the Pictures folder, that file can no longer be read in PMB (it says that the file is missing etc.) So I've tried registering the External Harddrive as a registered viewed folder yet it makes no difference.
2. All the files in PMB are in Lables and I've also rated them so that its easier to find certain files. I want to retain this information on the files so that when I plug in my external hardrive and go into PMB I am still able to scroll through the different labels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom