• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony Plasma query

A

Alan D

A friend of mine is seriously considering buying the Sony 37" plasma, KDE-P37XS1. I am aware it has no HDMI/DVI input but according to the salesman in the shop it has a slot for future upgrade (and having looked there is a slot on the side of the TV). Does anyone know anymore about the ugrade potential of this TV?
Also, any general comments about it would be welcome.

HomerJ

Banned
I a in the same boat. I really like this TV, but unfortunately, the lack of digital inputs is a ajor problem. I rang my local Sony Centre, and they have confirmed that there is no way that the KDE-P37XS1 can be "upgraded" to having either DVI or HDMI interface.

Though, I have heard on this forums that Sony plan to release their new Wega 3 and HDMI plasmas here in the UK in the autumn.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom