• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony Plasma KZ-32TS1E: no color on some video inputs

bluesmurf

Standard Member
Hi All,

My Sony Plasma, KZ-32TS1E, does no longer display a good/colour picture for some video inputs, such as: analogue TV, digital camera, videocamera, Wii and VHS. The picture is monochrome for all of them. I connected them using Scart. Minus Wii, which I bought recently, the rest of the components used to work just fine.

The following video inputs stll work OK: Freeview (Scart [RGB]), Tiscali TV (Scart [RGB]), DVD (RGB - 3 separate cables). Hmmm, there's a pattern forming in there.

I have also tried connecting my digital camera through the Freeview box (Humax 9200) but the picture is still monochrome, even though the programs on the Freeview itself are fine and in colour. Puzzling... What type of a signal do these non-working components transmit?

I have checked the various TV menus but this Sony model has very few video-input settings, e.g. I cannot change the type of video input for AV1 and AV2. Although I can do it for AV3 (input and output) and AV4 (input only), there are only two options: Video and S Video.
Which brings me to another point: AV5 has RGB and Component as the only two options. Although my Sony DVD player is connected using RGB, TV's colours on AV5 go green-ish when I select RGB as input type. Works fine if left on Component.

Anyway, apologies for my long description.
I bought this TV brand new in 2002, I do not think there is a TV today that costs even half of the price I paid then, well apart from the 120" ones :)

Any ideas before I give it up for £150 at my local Sony Centre?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom