1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony plasma high definition

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by andya, Aug 31, 2003.

1. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    does anyone know if the sony 42 inch plasma the KE42TS2 do 1080i like the hitachi 400e i know they use the same screen but is it hd compatible many thanks

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The US model certainly is, it seems to be left off the spec of the UK one, couldn't say if this is because it's not, or simply not considered relevant. Probably the latter. Surely this model simply negates the Hitachi argument by being more expensive? I'll grant you a PD3000 is a good value way of getting a plasma TV, but the Sony name seems to carry a premium. I mounted one of these as a favour for a client recently, the wall bracket took weeks to come and cost £350 or so trade, no universal bracket fitted it, and the usual suspects like Unicol don't do one for it. Just so you know....

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The Sony has better electronics behind it than the Hitachi. The Sony looks better with progressive scan but the Hitachi does not benifit according to a post in the dvd forum. The Sony supports all HDTV standards and is great with 576p.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Prog scan and ALIS? On second thoughts, let's not go there....