1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PFM-B2U - question reguarding 15 pin RGB

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by jsides, Mar 23, 2004.

1. jsides

jsides

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering this monitor for my living room TV. I will connect a DVD and HD DSS receiver. The only thing I am worried about are the inputs on the plasma display. There are no component inputs, onl composite and 15 pin RGB (baically computer VGA cable). However, there are Component to RGB cables available, that will allow me to connect a HD DSS receiver to the 15 pin RGB input on the 42" plasma. My question is this: Will using a cable like this, or will useing the RGB input on the plasma, offer me a picture with the quality approximately equal to that of using component video cables?

Also, the sony (and some other) HD DSS receivers claim to have RGB output (I assume this is the same 15 pin as the plasma input). If this is so, would the 15 pin RGB to 15 pin RGB give me the high quality signal/picture that I woudl want?

Thanks for input.

2. elan

elan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would not recommend this screen to you - The inputs on the screen should not be what is worrying you but rather the poor quality of picture and a panel that is now 1.5 yr old technology! keep looking for something else ie pioneer, hitachi or panasonic!