1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PFM-42V1N Deal from ebuyer - any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JohnnyB, Mar 8, 2005.

1. JohnnyB

JohnnyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - first off, can I just say that i'm completely new to the plasma tv arena - so apologies if i ask some stupid questions along the way!

I've just stumbled across this deal from ebuyer - £1799 for a Sony PFM-42V1N 42" Silver Plasma Bundle + Toshiba Home Theatre System + Wall Bracket + Video Board.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=5889040200&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=65036

Does this sound like a good deal to you guys??

I'm looking to spend under £2000 for a 42" ... I'd like some decent sound with it and i'd like to be able to connect my laptop to it (and i'd like to mount it on the wall).

Can anyone point me in the right direction (if this deal from ebuyer isn't it!)??

Thanks
    JB

2. fatherted

fatherted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    E-buyer are great for prices, but that's it.

If your purchase arrives and is fine from the start then you will be ok.

If you have a problem, then please realise there is no number to ring. You can only communicate with them via their 'E-note' system through their web site. I had an issue with them a while back & was getting no-where with the e-notes because they would reply and close the 'e-note', therefore preventing you from replying. Credit card co refunded the £400 that was in issue.

They will issue RMA's, you need to send back at your expense (don't know about the plasma), so you get there in the end. I'm not saying they don't support their sale - it's just hard work you your part sometimes.

I'm not anti the company, I do spend about £1,000 per month with them on PC parts, writers, printers etc, but this is a company purchase (not my money) and it's not high value stuff.

Also, they do (and in the case of the Plasma I would guess is the same) ship direct from a suppliers warehouse. eg - I bought some toner for an Oki printer - it was shipped direct by Midwich.

Good luck.

3. JohnnyB

JohnnyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - thanks for the reply.

The only experience i've ever had with ebuyer was mixed - I purchased a printer from them which came with the wrong power lead - so I sent them an 'e-note' and the next thing I know I have another identical printer arrive (still with the wrong power lead mind you!) ... so I now have 2 printers!! :thumbsup:

Does anyone now about the quality of the tv itself though - the reviews on the ebuyer website suggest that the quality is excellent - but the only info i can find on this site suggests otherwise.

Is there a better deal to be had at that price??

Cheers
    JB

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I've stopped buying from Ebuyer - I have 2 e-notes which have been open for a month, and they are doing nothing. Also, they do have the habit of selling off "problem" lines cheap - like the external hard drive boxes which were supposed to have USB2 and firewire connectability - except that the firewire didn't work properly !

5. fatherted

fatherted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first review posted is usually by the company owner, under the user name 'anonymous' - also bear that in mind.

6. DanF

DanF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about this one myself, I read a review that said the screen is excellent and gives a better picture through analogue inputs because of it's inbuilt upscaler.
    It also stated that the screen is basically one of Sony's higher end models in display screen form. I think for the price it can't be bad.
    I don;t know how it compares to the Panny models though.
    BTW Richer sounds said they would proce match anything I saw on the internet, so once my rewire and extesion on the house is finished I'll pop along and see them.

Cheers,
    Dan

7. nicd14

nicd14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ebuyer are now selling this for £1599.96 inc VAT.

I've read the comments so far but i'm still unsure whether to get this. Anyone have some more info on this model?

Will it support the new HDTV format when it gets here eventually?

ta