Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony PFM-42B1E Fault Red Led Flashes

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by paulbay, Apr 29, 2005.

1. paulbay

paulbay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i have a sony PFM-42B1E, When the On button is pressed the TV goes to turn on and clicks but the screen never fires up, the green LED stays on once on and then the red LED starts flashing on for 1sec off for 1sec continuously whilst the green LED is still lit, any ideas what the problem is? do you think it could be the power board?

2. paulbay

paulbay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. paulbay

paulbay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any one know any good technical forums where i can post this question as it dosn't appear to be getting much intrest here.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Have you tried SONY CS? there not much anyone were can do really it needs to go to aervice centre or be inspeceted onsite, (asumme you have unplugged for an hour or so and reset connections etc)

5. paulbay

paulbay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

No not tried them as its no longer in warranty, i have the service manual here for this model, and after having a look at it i suspect it's the power board.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    well in that case you need someone to fit the Powerboard...not sure if sony let anyone with a spares account repair Plasma or not.... Stilll think you need to contact them tho, even tho its not under warranty.

7. sep910i

sep910i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I'm one of probably many Sony owners with a problem with my Plasma, just the way you describe. Have you fixed the problem, and if you have what was it / how much ? Please respond, regards Paul :lease:

8. jagdeepp

jagdeepp
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Snap...

I've got a sony from the same PFM range.. my one suffers from phantom ghosting.. whereby if a character moves very fast the pixels are slow in changing hence u get left behind with a ghost/sparkie effect... i must say that the pfm when working gives a much better quality pic than most plasmas...

my problem is only really noticeable when watching dvd or hd material.. sky through composite doesnt present it so much.. its nothing to do with the cabling either. does this whether its shvs or vga:confused: