1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PEG - TJ35.... PDA Question.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Greeno4England, Dec 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Greeno4England

Greeno4England

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All.

Got a new PDA for Xmas and having problems putting music and pictures on it from my PC.

Got all the correct leads but when i try it says something about no memory stick?

Do i have to buy an memory stick for it before i can put things from my PC onto it?

If so does anyone know how much these memory sticks cost, and roughly how many mp3 tracks would i be able to put on one?

Cheers everyone.

2. Gurteltier

Gurteltier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Absolutely right - the Clie's mp3 player only play back mp3s stored on a memory stick (not on internal memory). A 128Mb Memory Stick retails for about 35 quid and at normal 128kbps quality can accomodate about 2 hours worth of music. Once you have a memory stick in your Clie and hook it up to your PC starting the program MS Import (on the PDA) makes your memory stick appear as a removable drive on the PC. You can then simply drag and drop music to your hearts content.

I don't know for sure but if you are lucky your new Clie can support the larger capacity Memory Stick Pro cards - these go up to 1Gb in size and allow a heck of a lot more music. The costs does of course however go up too.

Lastly, for purely mp3 playback be advised you do not need to buy Sony Magic Gate memory sticks - in fact you don't need to buy Sony memory sticks at all. Cheaper alternatives are available from Sandisk and Lexmark amongst others.

Hope that helps,

Neil

3. Greeno4England

Greeno4England

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for your reply :)

I got a memory stick and can now put pictures and music on to my PDA, I couldnt beleive how crystal clear the music was, bearing in mind that wasnt going to be my main use for my PDA and tbh i didnt even know you could put music on them, its a great side benifit to add to what i was going to use my PDA for!

Got a 128MB card and even managed to compress a music video down and put it on! hehe, very cool :)

Once again, thanks for your reply :)