1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PCV RZ014

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by adesonic, Apr 10, 2003.

1. adesonic

Standard Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    For the "average" user who just wants to get up and going "out of the box", I would recommend this machine. It comes pre-installed with eerything you need to watch/ record TV, DVD and listen to music. I have mine connected to an LG 17 pdp via the VGA input on the screen. DVD authoring is also easy with bundled software and included -/+ drives. I find picture and sound quality to be excellent. Ease of use is facilitated by an infra red remote (also bundled). I have added a logitech wireless keyboad and mouse which works well at up to 6 ft from the reciever and a wireless LAN card enabling access to my home network.

Downsides are some fan noise from the PC (but to be honest I hardly notice it and less than perfect display of text on PC applications - tired poerstrip, but couldn't find an alternate resoution I was happy with.

Try as I might, I have been unable to find any info on the web on this machine with hints/ tips etc. I would be interested to hear from anybody who has one or knows about them