1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PC9e

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by welshy1812, Mar 6, 2003.

1. welshy1812

welshy1812

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hello,

i'm new to the forums and the DV camera game and want to get started with a decent camera, I've read that the PC9/8 are fairly good.

I'm off to the states next month and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I bring back a PC9, will it be compatible over here or am I wasting my time?

Many thanks

:confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    A camcorder from USA will output its video in the NTSC format, but in the UK we use the PAL format. :(
    The good news though is that most TV's & VCR's can convert a NTSC signal and display it ok, but not in full quality.
    If editing video on the PC then you can convert the footage to PAL before writing it to tape/VCD/DVD.
    You will also need to check that the charger will work on 240V (USA uses 110V) or you will need to buy a voltage converter.

Prices in the USA are cheaper, but not by as much as it used to be and with all the problems it might be worth buying from home.

Mark.

3. welshy1812

welshy1812

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for the advice Mark, I think I will just try to pick up a godd second hand model over here.