1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PC120E copying video to PC/DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by AV novice, Aug 6, 2003.

1. AV novice

AV novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am connecting my Sony PC120E to my high spec PC via USB cable in order to download video and burn to DVD. I installed MGI VideoWave 111 SE which came with the camcorder and also the USB driver.

I am able to download still images which I have stored on my camcorder memory stick. Therefore, I know that the USB connection is working. However, I am not able to view any video through my PC when I play it on the camcorder.

Any help would be really appreciated!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. ChunkyBits

ChunkyBits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony TRV60 and I had to enable USB video streaming in the setup Menu. ... where things like sound-quality, AV In etc. are lurking. Maybe there is a similar enable for the PC120E buried within the menus somewhere?

3. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The USB connection is mainly for downloading stills. For video you need to use the firewire (i-link) connector, which means you will need a firewire card in your computer. USB is not fast enough.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    As stated, USB is not designed for capturing video. It can be used for quality stills capture or webcam quality video. Even USB 2.0 is not fast enough.
    If you do want to edit video on your PC then get a PCI firewire card from somewhere like ebuyer.co.uk for around £20. Just install in a spare PCI slot and Windows will do the rest next time its booted (as long as you are running Win 98SE or later).

Mark.

5. AV novice

AV novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips guys. Today I bought a SIIG Inc Firewire complete DV editing pack which includes 3 port adaptor, DV cable and Ulead Videostudio 6. Now I just need to plug the adaptor into the PC which should be fun as I have never had to delve into the guts of a PC before!!!

The above package cost 50 quid from PC World but I had to have it today and no doubt ended up paying through the nose!!!

Thanks again :D