1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PC101, Canon MXV1i or Panasonic MX8?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Grilledwax, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Grilledwax

Grilledwax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im in the market for a dv-cam and these are the three I have come up with and are available in NZ.

I dont care about still images/digital features etc, all i want is good solid video reproduction...

From what I have read the Pana MX8 (DV851 in the US i think) is awesome... but that said a lot of my shooting will require ease-of-carrying.

I understand the MXV1i (Optura 100 in the US) is also very good but how is it much better than the video quality of the Sony PC101 which i like for its sheer portability, as i understand the Canon is still a WEE bit large to carry in a pocket easily... (im talking snowboard jacket pocket here)

Any comments? ideas? other camera's i should look at?

2. gmm

gmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought a panasonic mx8 and am very happy with it. Picture quality is very good. Still pictures have good colour reproduction, however the top resolution is not the best. If you can get one for around NZ$2,400, it should be a good price. If thats the correct UK£ to NZ$ conversion.

PS The mx8 is the DV852 in the USA. It has a smaller lcd though.