1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony, Panasonic or neither

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wilby, Jun 27, 2002.

1. wilby

wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

I've been researching buying a new TV for about 6 months ! and have hopefully reduced my selction (afer looking in the reveiws on this and other sites & mags) to;

Sony 24 or 28LS35
    Sony 28FX65
    Panasonic 28PL1C or 28PL10

I've had a 14" Somy for the last 13 years and it's been the BEST purchase I've ever made. I've read about the bar problems with the scrolling bars.

Which is the best choice? Are any of these TV actually any good or should I stick with what I have? Would Philips be any better?

Thanks

2. Jarvo

Jarvo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like you I have owned a 14" Sony for some years now and when looking in to buying a 32" widescreen TV last year I was keen to get a Sony.

To cut a long story short I had to send back to Sony's with Geometry and various other problems and I finally settled on a Panasonic TX 32PK-20 and it's absolutely superb I can't fault it in anyway. I believe the PL10 was a semi replacement for the PK20 so it should be good.

Go to a shop and get them to play a DVD on the models you've suggested and then decide.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also consider the Sony KV28LS60/KV32LS60. I have the 28" version. My review is here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37326

If you watch R1 and/or R3 DVDs, I'd steer clear of Panasonics if I were you as they are prone to moire with NTSC.

But as Jarvo says, try for yourself. You can't really buy a TV these days without at least checking it out in the shop first ;)

4. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ill add my pennys worth.. take alook at the Toshiba 32ZD26P Take a look at this thread just got this set yesturday and its beautiful

Paul

5. wilby

wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks you three! I guess I'm going to have and test/look at these in the shops. With only c£700 to play with the Tosh might be out of my range.

Later.

6. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    wilby

There is due a 50Hz version of the new tosh that might fall in your price range the 28 / 32Z23

Hope this is of some use.

Paul

7. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300