1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Paul_GPvR, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Paul_GPvR

Paul_GPvR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hiya,

I'm totally new to home cinema stuff. But now i have just bought my first house :clap: i'd like to get started :D

At the moment ive got a basic 4:3 tele with a built in DVD player. Its fairly new and good enough at them moment. Ive noticed its got lots of RCA sockets and a Optical Digital Out hole.

I will also be buying a freeview box for this soon....(will need help on this later!)

Basically all i want to do is add good speakers and cinema sound from all angles. I looked into buying seperates ( amp/reciever & speakers) but was starting to get a bit lost in it all. So found this Sony package which i like.

Sony HTDDW860 Link Here

What do you guys think? SHould i go for this or something else????
    it will be used for eveything, TV, DVD, PS2, Radio, CD's, MD's etc

Thanks very much for anyhelp whatsoever.

Paul :smashin:

2. Paul_GPvR

Paul_GPvR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ok,

How about the Yamaha AV-50 (RX-V350 & NS-P100) package or similar? Ideally I’d like a slightly better amp. So id be grateful if you could advise, open to ideas and suggestions. I’m looking around the £300 price mark for AV Receiver and speakers.

Thanks very much,