• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony or QLED

scotty026

Standard Member
Looking for a new tv but 4k is rather new to me.

Tv is used for SkyQ, Movies at 4k and some gaming.

I was looking at the following,

SAMSUNG QE49Q7FAM (currys @ 1400)
Or
SONY BRAVIA KD49XE9005BU
(1300)

Sorry not sure if this is a stupid question or not.

Thanks

Looking for a new tv but 4k is rather new to me.

Tv is used for SkyQ, Movies at 4k and some gaming.

I was looking at the following,

SAMSUNG QE49Q7FAM (currys @ 1400)
Or
SONY BRAVIA KD49XE9005BU
(1300)

Sorry not sure if this is a stupid question or not.

Thanks

Samsung you are looking at there is edge lit (lower end LED lighting) but will probably have lower response rate for gaming which is better, so be better at gaming.

Sony will have better image processing I don't know if that Sony model is backlit which is better or edge lit. Sony TV's this year haven't done so well in response rate so not so good for gaming.
Probably better picture quality tho more realistic out of the box.

If you could up budget on the Samsung from 1400 to 1800 you could get the Samsung Q9FN 55 inch QLED, great for gaming and has full array backlighting not edge lit so should match the Sony if setup right for image quality and do very good blacks. Some people say it's the best gaming TV of 2018 due to some features it has that other TV's don't have for gaming.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom