1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony or Panny

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stonedragon, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Stonedragon

Stonedragon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys I'm in a dilema and I hope somebody will help. My last purchase was made with the advice from this forum and I hope it can help again.

I've got 3.5K to blow at Comets :) on a new plasma, because of an insurance claim on my old plasma. Now they stock the SONY KDE-P42XSI and the PANASONIC TH42PE30.

My question is short. If you had the choice to buy one, which would you go for? :lease:

2. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I viewed both today, the Viera got my vote (and money) with crisper image and perfect whites, but you never really know how they're set up and maybe the Sony could match the Viera with a tweak. Rest asured that both of these were well ahead of everything else on view.
    Andy

3. Sony TV Owner

Sony TV Owner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony TV (Model Ref: KV-28FQ75U) has developed a green cloudy haze in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. The TV is approx 3 years old and is still under warranty. Can anyone offer any advice ? Am I entitled to a full cash refund if it cannot be repaired.

4. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Equivilant current model or price I would've thought but probably depends who your warranty was issued by. More knowledgable people will answer this I'm sure.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Better read the small print of the warranty, it's not possible to say what will happen without. Technically they could refund the market value of the 'working' product, which would not be very nice, but if it's a decent extended warranty, it will be better than that.