• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony or Loewe

dbargna

Established Member
Hi.

Im an english guy living in germany and need to buy a new telly. Unfortuanately the only tvs in the shops now are LCD or Plasma and I want a crt. By reading reviews, forums etc I've narrowed it down the Loewe Aventos and the Sony KV-28FQ86 both which I can get for about £500. does anyone have any experience with these boxes? I'm not interested in the sound quality only the picture

cheers
d

A

A.B.C

Personally, I have a loewe planus, i have a friend with a loewe xelos set, mine has broken down twice in 3 yrs, my mates broke down in the first few weeks. so now i dont like loewe's but i used to think they were great. sorry i dont have anything more constructive for you.

per-Sony-fied

Established Member
Personally I think you have to make up your own choice... go out and look at them. For me the Sony is the much better looking and has some nifty features... called Picture power and has the renowned Trintron tube which gives excellent colour rendition.

The Aventos looks like a cheap end telly to me. That said it does use a Philips tube which creates great depth and the sound is likely to be very good as Loewe sets are but maybe not upto a Aconda standard which is awsome. Since if you look around you'll more than likely find an Aconda for £600 (old model) which would be a much better bet... but nonetheless still looks a bit aged asthetics wise.

All in all given that the Sony is complete with stand if the pic looks good to you I think this is what I'd buy. I'd only buy the Loewe if 3 dimensional depth and better (near Hi-Fi on some models) sound is important to you.

Sony equipment afaik is really reliable equipment, not to say the Loewe isn't just can't say it is!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom