1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY On digital receiver

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by torkus, May 27, 2003.

1. torkus

torkus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this On digital reciever being sold at my local market and wanted to know if it can receive all the Freeview channels?

I can't remember the model no. but do remember that it was the 500 series if that helps!

The market stall holder did state that it could receive Freeview channels. Just would like to confirm this please.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Personally i have not seen a sony freeveiw baox and the only one with a 500 model number is a thomson/Grundig IIRC Makro were selling one with a 500 model no but i dont think it was sony, maybe someone else has seen this or owns one.

3. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    It can receiver all Freeview channels but is a OnDigital box. Its a very old box thats been sat in a warehouse because Sony refused to sell it. It doesn't support the digital text / interactive stuff. You can buy from Argos the latest generation Freeview box that will be updated, its much faster than the Sony and only £60-65 now ! I'd recommend you pop along to Argos and get a modern box if I were you.

4. torkus

torkus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot for that!

I'd probably steer clear of the old SONY model and also I have the added peace of mind gurantee should anything go wrong with the Freeview receiver from a reputable suppler.

Thanks again!

:smashin:

5. kuroitsuki

kuroitsuki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sony box was put to market by Alba, who bought (read - took it in settlement of monies owed) the product from the adninistrators when ITVDigi went bust. The product is not finished and not supported by Sony UK. In short leave it in the hands of the greedy retailers who thought they could make a quick quid or too.