1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony on Apple Macintosh?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Linkable, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Linkable

Linkable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm the proud owner of a NW-HD5 and I'm very happy with it. I truly think that this is the best mp3 player up till now.

BUT

Now I want to take the dive and purchase a Mac Mini. Sony only supports Windows which sucks big time.
    Does anyone know if there's a way to use a Sony MP3 Player on a Mac?
    Is there a Mac alternative? (supported or unsupported, I don't care)
    Does anyone have experience running SonicStage in VirtualPC and transferring songs that way?

I really don't want to give up my Sony for an iPod!
    Any feedback is welcome :)

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I'm aware, Sony don't do Mac support (which, as you say, sucks!). I don't even think they're planning to when the new Connect Player - which will replace SonicStage - is released later this year. Have you Googled for Mac/Sony alternatives?

3. Linkable

Linkable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Ryzir

Ryzir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard that SonicStage will work on VirtualPC but is extremely slow. If you hold off a year to get a mac that has an intel chip you will be able to dual boot with windows. Plus I'm sure there will be some sort of VirtualPC that will run faster on the new machines (they won't have to emulate the PPC processor).

5. Linkable

Linkable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, well I think I can live with that. I'm already used to the fact that SonicStage is an ass so I'm using iTunes to organise my music anyways. (You can just drag your files to SonicStage from iTunes) I don't transfer stuff that much anymore anyways now that I've filled it up nicely. I guess I can switch then! :D