Sony OLED problem. What is this?????

palestine994

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Can somebody help me? I have had a Sony A8 oled (65') since December. There were lines at the edge of the screen... Sony sad It was a faulty screen. I got a brandnew one but it has the same lines (so the previos screen wasn't faulty)... This lines aren't fix because if I change the ratio (for example 4:3 or 21:9 films) the lines will move with the picutre. I went to Media Markt to see the other TV and every Sony (LCD and Oled) have the same lines ( I saw it also at LG nanocell). It's probably some kind of software thing... It's very strange for me, because nobody has complained yet (I don't saw on the internet). What is your expereience, or what is this? I attached photos, if you zoom in the lines will be noticable.

Sharper pictures on google drive.

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_182915.jpg
    IMG_20210314_182915.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_20210314_183001.jpg
    IMG_20210314_183001.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Do you notice them on a normal viewing screen? If not don't worry, especially if you can see them on all Sony television. I've got a 65" Sony lcd and can't see anything like this but I've never looked close up.

As I saw this phenomea is on a lot of TV. I saw it my parent's and my friend's 3-4 years old LG LCD TV too, so its strange... Maybe a lot of people can't notice this for example my brother... On the other hand my girlfriend is able to see this so I dont know what is this. The strangest thing is that the lines move with picture (on 4:3 or 21:9 ratio).

As I saw this phenomea is on a lot of TV. I saw it my parent's and my friend's 3-4 years old LG LCD TV too, so its strange... Maybe a lot of people can't notice this for example my brother... On the other hand my girlfriend is able to see this so I dont know what is this. The strangest thing is that the lines move with picture (on 4:3 or 21:9 ratio).

Sounds like your eyes are quite sensitive to seeing this and once you see something it's hard to not notice it. At least you know it's not a fault as such if you're seeing it on other televisions.

Sounds like your eyes are quite sensitive to seeing this and once you see something it's hard to not notice it. At least you know it's not a fault as such if you're seeing it on other televisions.
Yes it is true! I noticed "my lines" after a month on the A8. So in the first month I didn't noticed them. Since then I haven't been able to ignore it. :D I used my previous TV for years together and I never saw them (it"s now my parent's TV). I Think it's because the size of the TV. The previous was 123cm, the A8 is 165cm. On bigger TV it's more noticable I think.

Last edited:
Yes it is true! I noticed "my lines" after a month on the A8. So in the first month I didn't noticed them. Since then I haven't been able to ignore it. :D I used my previous TV for years together and I never saw them (it"s now my parent's TV). I Think it's because the size of the TV. The previous was 123cm, the A8 is 165cm. On bigger TV it's more noticable I think.

Yes that is definitely a main cause of this. That's why people complain about their amazing 4K television giving poorer image quality on SD and poor source content, ultimately it's just showing it better/bigger on a bigger screen! lol IF you can see the issue in regular viewing AND the same issue isn't evident on other similar sized different brand OLED sets maybe get it exchanged for one of those. I'm not there is a television in existence that doesn't have some sort of picture/motion issue if you go looking or are sensitive to it. It's about what you value the most in terms of pros and cons.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom