Sony NWZ-S639F & iTunes

emmajtudor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Sony NWZ-s639 to replace my cranky old iPod. Trouble is all of my 400+ cd collection is sitting in iTunes.

How easy is this to copy across to the Sony. Will it keep my favourite play lists etc.

Thanks,
Emma

I believe theres a plugin for iTunes to sync the S600 series with your playlists. May be on the supplied disk, otherwise a piece of software called syncmyportable can do it (not freeware).

You can also just drag the music from a playlist onto the player (songs show but not the actual playlist).

Is it possible for the music in Itunes which is gapless to be gapless on the Sony if you use Itunes to rip your Cd, hence getting round the gapless problem of the current Sonys???

Another question and I will come across as a real nobb, which I am not... Anyway I trust I can do multiple playlists, without having multiple songs ie if I have all of my Queen ripped can i do a Hits playlist, a Heavy Rock Playlist, A easy listning playlist using the same 1 song in each playlist???

Another question and I will come across as a real nobb, which I am not... Anyway I trust I can do multiple playlists, without having multiple songs ie if I have all of my Queen ripped can i do a Hits playlist, a Heavy Rock Playlist, A easy listning playlist using the same 1 song in each playlist???

If you are talking about the senso that sorts music into groupings and time of day, songs. The same song can appear in mutiple groupings. No way to create playlists on the player, you will have to use media player.

Last edited:
Hi there, I use itunes (approx 1000 albums) and have a Sony NWZ-S639F. It will do everything you want except for the gapless playback. Use the 'Content transfer' software (version 1.2 available from sony support) and you can drag albums or itunes playlists onto the sony. It does not create duplicate files on the player however many times a song appears on a playlist. The playlist shows in the playlist bit of the music library section.
I only use itunes and content transfer and am very happy with the way it all works.
Hope that helps.

Hi there, I use itunes (approx 1000 albums) and have a Sony NWZ-S639F. It will do everything you want except for the gapless playback. Use the 'Content transfer' software (version 1.2 available from sony support) and you can drag albums or itunes playlists onto the sony. It does not create duplicate files on the player however many times a song appears on a playlist. The playlist shows in the playlist bit of the music library section.
I only use itunes and content transfer and am very happy with the way it all works.
Hope that helps.

Which version of itunes are you using? I heard apple "updated" compatibility out of the latest versions.

I'm using itunes 8.2.1. (bang up to date)
The only thing that changed when i moved from 8.1 to 8.2 was the way that you can't drag an album from itunes grid display, you have to go into the album and select all the songs (there is an faq about this on sony support). Its a minor inconvenience but everything else works.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom