Sony NWZ-A818 quicky question

TurnipFarmer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got it this morning and well chuffed with it however just have one quick question.

When it is connected to the computer via USB cable the screen says

connecting USB (MTP)

Is this normal? Should you be able to play mp3s from the unit when it is connected into the computer?

When it is connected to the computer I am able to sync files etc

Just wanted to clear this up, cheers

Can't do anything, I have a similar flash based model.. nothing to worry about:thumbsup:

iv just bought the a818 and im curious to know that when you connect the player to the PC is it meant to pick it up as a external device like any other USB.for example when you wanna stop it says at the bottom right hand side of your PC were the time is a USB symbol is there to show its plugged in. can sum1 please help?

iv just bought the a818 and im curious to know that when you connect the player to the PC is it meant to pick it up as a external device like any other USB.for example when you wanna stop it says at the bottom right hand side of your PC were the time is a USB symbol is there to show its plugged in. can sum1 please help?

Try this:-
My Computer\WALKMAN\Storage Media

Don't forget you need WMP11 installed.(Supplied on disc in the box)

JonUK :smashin:

Try this:-
My Computer\WALKMAN\Storage Media

Don't forget you need WMP11 installed.(Supplied on disc in the box)

JonUK :smashin:

yep iv got that now thanks.i thought you could use any WMP :)

when you have to stop it do you just pull the wire out or is there a way of stopping the player?

yep iv got that now thanks.i thought you could use any WMP :)

when you have to stop it do you just pull the wire out or is there a way of stopping the player?

Once you have syncronised your tracks in WMP11 and you have a full battery you can pull the cord from the player. On mine it doesn't show the 'remove hardware safely' icon by the clock.

Once you have syncronised your tracks in WMP11 and you have a full battery you can pull the cord from the player. On mine it doesn't show the 'remove hardware safely' icon by the clock.

:smashin: mate appreciate that.one more question what software you use to convert videos to MP4?

1 more question people if you can help me please.when the battery is dieing out the player is meant to say full, then half and then empty yeah? mine even when its almost empty still says full does that mean my player is faulty?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom