1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NWHD1 - Can it be used as a player through a av receiver?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by realslimcookie, Nov 17, 2004.

1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am considering purchasing the Sony NWHD1 20Gb Hard Disc Drive Walkman, but only if it can be linked into my Denon AV receiver to output the sound. Does anybody know if this can be done??

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    You can have a Squeezebox do it for you on a fixed basis and with a remote... You will need a PC to serve music from, but this is a very sane way of doing it. Then you can use any player which plays back MP3's (i.e. not the NW-HD1) to load your home library onto for portable use.
    But to answer your question, yes it can. The output can be switched to a line output.

3. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah the squeezebox looks impressive if i was looking for a computer/music solution but i am looking really to put my whole music collection onto a small device which i can store in my tv cabinet and link into my Denon AV receiver. I have been told that i could run a mini jack which has a left and right phono in, from the headphone socket of the mp3 device which i could plug into my AV receiver. Just got to get the cash together now and then i can try it.

Thanks for your response.