1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NWE407 1GB MP3 Walkman EU sound cap removal?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SuperSaiyan4, Aug 2, 2005.

1. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi all finally got me a Sony player that can play MP3 lol when I gave up with the NW-HD1 has no way gonna pay extra to get it unlocked but that went ages ago.

However only needed 1gb space and this player was the one for me! However does anyone know if you can remove the EU sound cap on this player please? If so please tell!

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I'm not sure the flash players have the cap.

3. M&M

M&M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I also wondering that this is first or second request about volume issue on new flash nw players from sony. I own E507 but it is same as 400 series, I use mostly MDR-CD480 (sony) headphones and about 50% of my music is not enough loud, mainly older records like Best of Jony Cash sounds silent. Of course I don't use AVLS or automatic volume feature. Only few tracks have been recorded at higher level and it isn't necessary to use maximum volume.
    According mentioned experiences and tests with my vaio notebook, receiver and MD deck where same headphones work fine on any track I think that sony use same volume cup like on hdd and md based walkmans.

I'd be really interested to know if someone can remove this cup or have information from sony what they said on this issue with insufficient output.

Before I buy that one I read many reviews, but unfortunately they was from US where it is OK

Probably sony do better job if implement parental lock for volume or some think like that for protecting children health.

I think that reducing output of walkman to 2.8 mW instead 5.5 mW isn't right, I just not pay only half of price for this player

4. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I am sure there must be a cap removal but on the HD1's apparently by turning the cap off it eats battery life?? and voids the warrenty according to the Sony shop i went to.

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might eat battery life, but as for voiding the warranty, just put the volume limiter back on if you need to take it in for repair!

6. rojack

rojack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have an NW E407 which i bought here in Germany - the volume could possibly be louder... it goes up to 31, but i never go above 28/29 - however it would be nice to have the option to pump it up that little bit more...
    my friends Rio Carbon goes much louder - but it's probably not neccesary

7. Grey Area

Grey Area

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In addition to that, is their claim of voiding the warranty actually justified and legally valid? I mean, does the user manual state: "Pressing Right, Right, Left, Left,... to enter the service mode and switch off the volume restriction will void the warranty"? It´s not like people open their players and start messing with the hardware; people just press the regular buttons which are made for being pressed. There is even a (very, very small) chance of this happening on its own, when the player is carried in a bag on a bumpy road or something like that. Sony should really warn people about certain button pressing sequences being taboo.

Björn

8. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dude! Don't go giving them ideas like that!! :D