1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Nwa3000

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GMBMW, Sep 15, 2005.

1. GMBMW

GMBMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried and tested it yet ?
    What about the new CONNECT software that is powering it ?
    Anyone?

2. bazzz3

bazzz3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one from Dabs.com 3 days ago.The unit looks really good,the menu interface is good with plenty of different search options and the Connect software seems to work ok for me.You can transfer mp3,wav,atrac,wma.But you can't drop and drag files using windows explorer(YET!!).On the down side the sound is a little low and I hav'nt managed to get into the service menu and do a volume fix to take the EU limiter off the unit.But other than that the sound quality is great regardless of high or low compression.Overall so far I give it a thumbs up(but it is only 3 dayz old)

3. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connect player software is terrible, worse than Sonicstage. But I suppose its usable until they update it.

Check the other threads with A1000 or A3000 in the title to get more info.

Bazzz3, so you can definitely transfer and play wma files? That is good news.

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,230
    Worse than SS? :rotfl: Apple won't be losing any sleep yet

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SS is now annoying me. New internal drives mean my ripping has gone from very quick to stupidly slow.

I'm this close to buying a portable DVD/CD player and binning off DAPs till someone manages to make one that actually does its job properly ...

6. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    There are far better compromises than the NW-A3000 or the NW-HD5 if you aren't hung up on gapless.

7. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    saw ab nwa 3000 for the first time today in the flesh and was quite surprised at the size compared to the hd5 and the 'plasticky, purple' finish, wasnt switched on though but from an asthetic point of view i wasnt drawn to it.

8. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Sony released these machines to make us love our HD5's more...

9. OneMoreSolo

OneMoreSolo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I don't see why they're so big in comparison the the NW-HD5, or even HD3 for that matter. One step forward, two steps back for Sony. The size was one of their biggest selling points.

10. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i certainly like my HD5 more now too, specially since we now have a program to extract mp3s :p, and SS is actually brilliant compared to connect, ehehe.

Thats right, if anything it should have gotten smaller, the A3000 should be the size of the A1000. And the A1000 should be the Flash stick one. Its now bigger than the OLD ipod, yeah that's a good selling point.

11. AlanL

AlanL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of questions about the A3000:

The EQ settings on the NW-HD5 did not work with MP3 files. Do the EQ settings on the A3000 work with both MP3 and ATRAC files?

I gather that SonicStage works with the A3000, but can MP3 File Manager also be used with the A3000?

12. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to use it with SS im pretty sure you have to format it, and it wont have all the features. So if its formatted for SS then it should work with MP3FM.

Yeah does the A3000 have the digital sound presets too?