Sony NWA3000 Refund/replacement policy?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by robpok, Mar 14, 2006.

1. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I'm finally fed up with the Sony NWA3000 I bought in December last year. First there was all the Sonicstage/Connect headache, and now I've had to format the player due to Sonicstage not recognising it for a seemingly random reason. Recently the display (within the last couple of weeks) has buggered up, leaving a weird line of half-text (hard to explain it) across the top of the screen. I can't go on anymore!! Just wondering what the deal is with taking it back, seeing as it has been just over 3 months. I assume they will send it back to Sony to get the screen repaired (which is the main issue). But to be honest I'd rather have a refund to buy a different player, or I may just settle with a replacement (the problem being when I sent my previous HD5 back to get fixed as it wouldn't turn on anymore; it took 4 weeks..way to long to go without music!). I'm unsure if they would actually offer me a replacement/refund anyway as its been way over 28 days, but maybe because so many have been returned (?) they do offer refunds etc?

Cheers for any help

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    It would depend on the shop you bought it from since there is little in the way of legal recourse, and Sony's only obligation to repair faulty products. I have had hopelessly cantankerous players refunded outside of a month, but in my case the root of the problems have always occured (and the shop which sold me the player has been informed of it) within a month of purchase.

3. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually got it from a Sony Centre, so I guess they know of the problems people have been having. I guess its pushing it a bit to get a refund after 3 months but I'l try tomorrow anyway!

4. Fencer02

Fencer02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an HD3 from a Sony Centre.........Dont even try to take it back you will get nowhere...........They have your cash , they will tell you to send it back to sony or if you are very very lucky offer to do it for you........Sony Centres = Scumbags . Bit like Sony using its customer base as beta testers...This player is no more fit for the purpose than the HD3 with its recall no playlists and crummy software , HD5 with cracky buttons and god awfull software..........Now this one with its even worse software and now hardware faults...........Anyone reading this please get the message buy sony only after they have forced Bamboo down your fingernails...........Nasty Nasty Nasty Company . In my opinion of course.

5. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Man, so true so true!

Took it back today and they will send it away to Sony. Still falls under the garrentee (couldn't get a refund tho) so the repairs should be free of charge, unless Sony claims it was due to me dropping the player or something, then they will appearently charge me. As its the screen thats broken the guy said they may issue a replacement, which should be good then I can ebay that and buy a decent bloody machine and rid myself of the curse of Sony.

6. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Good luck.

7. rich1068

rich1068

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  8. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that Rich, very useful; I didn't realise that consumer rights where as good as that! I'l hold out until Sony get back to me to what the've done with the player, then try my best to claim a refund using information.

9. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43