Sony nwa3000 Battery

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Maidenpriest, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    After having a HD5, what have Sony done with the NWA3000, after a full charge i only have to select a playlist or a few songs and it drains a bar out of the battery!!! :eek: , i use to charge my hd5 once a week and it never went below a bar on the battery, but this thing you only have to put the disply up and it saps the juice!!, i have everything to minimum, but it still saps like crazy, if i listen with my display remote from my mini disc player it saps even quicker, i shouldnt need to charge it once a day? what am i doing something wrong? Your thoughts please????

2. gbrooksmith

gbrooksmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got the same mp3 as you, I bought it back in December and I have had no problems with battery power whatsoever! It gives me at least 25 hours playback between charges so maybe it is a problem specific to your unit. Im intrigued as to what will happen when the battery life is expended and the unit needs a new one as I dont want to lose the 4000 songs on mine!!!!!

3. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I am doing something wrong! it almost losses a bar as soon as i scroll to a playlist or change the sound settings! do you charge via the pc or on the mains? perhaps i will return it to be checked by sony! anyone else having problems? also is their a way to check the battery in figures ie 100% battery full as opposed to that battery indicator?
    Cheers

4. Biskitboy

Biskitboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless this is a departure from normal I'd be more concerned about actual battery duration than the indication because that's all it is, an indication.

My Archos XS202S lasts about 18 hours and has only got a 3 bar indicator yet has something like 8 hours left even when on the last bar.

You'll almost certainly have to send it to Sony I guess and there should be no threat to your songs but trusting everything to one fragile portable and easily lost or stolen device is completely reckless and will end in tears.

:lesson: Back it all up today, tomorrow will be too late...:lesson:

PS to all readers:

When was the last time YOU backed up all those irreplaceable photos and files on your PC. Remember, a hard drive is a mechanical device and WILL FAIL, it's only a question of when.