1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5H. Just one word .. AWESOME!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by realslimcookie, Aug 2, 2005.

1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just have to say received my Sony NW-HD5H player today and after sorting out the volume issue with instructions from this site, and loading on some music with Sonic Stage 3.1, i am most pleased with it.

Does anybody know how i find the firmware version number?

On a final note Sonic stage isn't that bad, it is quick at transferring, and organises the music fairly well, you just need to tag the mp3 files properly. I have got just one issue with Sonic stage though that i organised everything really well in Windows media player and after importing the files through into SS i have to re tag about 200 files. So i'd better get too it.

Overall the player is amazing, can't wait to plug it into my Denon amp at home.

Regards,

Realslimcookie.

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Press Search-Menu twice

Select Options, then Initialise System

Choose Update Firmware

This should answer your question.

NB: Make sure you're plugged into the mains, though, as you can't do this with a low battery!

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to mention: upgrade to SS 3.2 when it gets released in Europe (or from other sites - search this forum for the links), as you can then rip future tracks without DRM. The advantages are obvious - as yesterday's test shows ... http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232209

4. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Search on Google for a Java app called Jtagger, freeware tool that will let you retag/rename MP3's a folder at a time.

Saved me HOURS!