1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5 wont let me load tracks

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bruceglen, Oct 23, 2005.

1. bruceglen

bruceglen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a sony nw-hd5 followed instructions and everything was fine until i tried to load tracks onto the player.
    When i connect the player it shows up as "Free 18.6Gb ATRAC Audio Device" but when i select the red arrow for transfer it begins transfer and then shows an error report saying "cannot transfer any more tracks. The device/media is full" and displays the tracks i tried to transfer. Instead of Free 18.6GB it now says 0.0kb.
    Now when i turn the player on it says "repairing database" and then "no database found" Help!

2. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try reinitializing it, from the options menu, then conect to your pc.

3. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It does sound like re-initialising will help, I assume you can't see the two tracks sony put on the player when it ships can you?

4. Bertie Wooster

Bertie Wooster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took mine off 'hold' and found it "repairing database". When it finished doing this, the player appears to be blank, with no tracks on it! It was meant to have 1.99Gb left out of 20Gb.

Then I reconnected the player to my PC to see if it would snap out of this only for SonicStage to spew out some message that the player couldn't be connected to the current version of the program! It suggests that I initiliase the system, i.e. accept that I have lost thousands of tracks.

As a last resort I have gone to My Computer and trying to scan and repair the drive. The storage space 'pie' shows that only 1.99Gb is free, as per my last connection.

5. Bertie Wooster

Bertie Wooster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ..and dare I ask, why is "repairing database" not in the manual?