1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5 Questions + Poll : Colorway

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kamp, Jul 13, 2005.

?

Which color is the way to go for NW-HD5?

Poll closed Aug 12, 2005.
  1. Silver

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Black

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Red

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. kamp

kamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking about purchasing the Sony NW-HD5 unit.

I am very aware of the button cracking issue, but it does not really bother me as long as it's still fully functional.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are any nice carrying case for the unit?
    In particular, silicon cases.

Also, I couldn't decide between silver and black unit since I haven't seen them in person. For those who have actually seen this unit, it would be nice to share some opinions.

Thanks.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    go to any Sony store to see HD5's in person...ask to look at it...hold it.....inspect it.....ignore the sales talk....then buy cheaper online :)

surely colour's a personal preference?! Personally I liked black better in pics....then I saw silver + red in person....

3. kamp

kamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope I can go to Sony store and check it out myself, but I live in US and none of the retails around my area carry HD5.
    So, I am left with online ordering only.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

4. booges

booges

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Colour really is down to you. Personal preference and all that.. I opted for the 30Gb version which is silver with black buttons. I do believe that the most stunning visually is the black.. To get around the problem of the cracking buttons I got a remote. I can use the player all day and not touch the buttons. I got the RM-MC40ELK model. It gives you all the functions you need.... There is a good thread about compatible remotes on this site.. Give that the once over if you want to know more.. http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220283
    In response to your question about cases, Sony and Amazon have them online. The other place to look is on the proporta web site. They manufacture the silicone covers as well as a good leather one. They do ship all over the world too..
    www.proporta.com.
    Hope this helps.. :thumbsup: :smashin:

5. Pyrobob83

Pyrobob83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neither :D Go for the HD-5H model. Extra 30 gig and no cracking buttons :clap:

6. booges

booges

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the HD5H 30GB model being released in the US? If it is then I agree with pyrobob. Ive had one for a few weeks and LOVE IT...