1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5 Questions - PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lauram99, Sep 7, 2005.

1. lauram99

lauram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Totally gadget illiterate girl in need of help with regards to her new Sony NW-HD5 mp3

Firstly, I cant seem to create a bookmark / playlist - and cant find anything in the teeny manual that can enlighten me either, does anybody know how to create a playlist?

Also, Im unsure how to make my mp3 simply play one genre of music or shuffle within a genre - Ive figured out how to operate basic shuffle of all tracks, or shuffle items within an album, but not sure how to do the above...

With regards to storing music on the player, obviously I want to be able to fit as many songs as possible onto it...so how do I change my mp3s to atrac on sonicstage, and will this allow me to store more tracks?

Final thing - can the screen actually flip horizontally and vertically as you move the device or is this actually a lie?!

i think thats it! If anyone can provide me with any answers i'd be eternally grateful...especially on the playlist front as its driving me nuts not being able to create them!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou
    Laura x :) :) :)

2. ak47wong

ak47wong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Laura, this gadget-literate guy will try to help.

If you mean the Quick Start Guide, that's not the manual. The real manual is on your computer and there's an icon on your desktop to open it. Pages 22-23 in the manual are about playlists and pages 39-44 are about bookmarks.

Basically, to create a playlist, open SonicStage, open My Library, and click the "Create/Edit Playlist" button. To add a track to a bookmark, play the track on the HD5, and hold down the Up key to add the track to a bookmark, or the Down key to remove the track from a bookmark.

This is what the Unit function is for. It's on pages 47-49 in the manual. Basically, if you turn Unit mode on, and press Play when selecting a particular genre, everything under that genre is considered to be one group and the HD5 will only play or shuffle tracks in that group.

It will only let you store significantly more tracks if you increase the compression, which decreases the quality of the songs. There are options in SonicStage to convert MP3s to ATRAC either in the library or at the time you transfer them to the HD5.

If you set the Orient Screen option to Auto, "the orientation of the display is fixed to the approximate direction when you turn the player on". It doesn't actually flip as you move the device. It's a half-lie :)

Andrew

3. Kong

Kong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i bought my hd5 today,was wondering how do you transfer songs to the player without converting it?
    I'm puttin a load of songs on my player now, and it seems to be converting some of the songs and is taking quite a while to do it.
    please help