1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5 question

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Simebaby, May 31, 2005.

1. Simebaby

Simebaby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Quick question about the above player (I'm thinking of getting one).

I've downloaded the manual for a bit of a read - looking through the search / play structure (artist -> album -> track etc), there was one thing I wasn't clear about - if you decide to start playing an artist "unit", then will the tracks play in album order, or track order for the artist, ignoring the album section?

Sorry if this isn't very clear.

TIA

Si

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The tracks will play in album oder, album by album alphabetically. So if you start playing Blur, for example, it will play '13' in album order, then 'Blur' in album order then 'Leisure' then 'Parklife' and so on. If you also have shuffle turned on it will shuffle between all Blur tracks from any album.

3. Simebaby

Simebaby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Cheers!

Out of curiosity, have you got one? Would you recommend it? (Need to replace my old Zen, which died the other day).

4. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes I have, well, kind of... no not at the moment. Hm, I had one, had system crash problems and cracked buttons and have sent it back - am now awaiting the replacement. Those problems aside I would recommend it (the system errors seem to have been a rare fault on mine only but the buttons cracking is a common problem), I miss mine and I can't wait to get it back.

5. Simebaby

Simebaby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that - I've seen the posts on here about the button problems, provided Sony are happy to replace players with this problem it doesn't really bother me.

The system crashing does though - but as you said, hopefully that's an isolated problem as I've not seen any other reports of that (though maybe I'm not looking hard enough).

6. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    tis a brilliant little unit apart from those buttons cracking ARGH!

7. dzysheep

dzysheep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get a black Hd5, as it appears that only the silver units are having problems.

8. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what about red ones? the black is the dullest looking so i dont really want it...

9. dzysheep

dzysheep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    red seems fine too, but dont know anyone on this forum using a red Hd5, so cant be certain that there are no cracking issues

10. indy169

indy169

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had my 30 gig hd5 for 3 days now, its crashed 4 times locking the screen, also the hd3 used to have a battery off button as well as the lock button, the lock button still puts power on when pressed in your pocket accidentally and ive found this drains the battery slowly as you walk, as you cant power the battery off, also when ive pulled the player out of my pocket the little flap that hides the power input etc has come off a couple of times when lifting out on that corner, all in all its going back to sony because of the crashing issue, and the other 2 points are design flaws in my mind, so although aesthetically i love the hd5, the hd3 seeme to be designed more user friendly, shame really cause at£229 for a 30gig youd have thought things like this would have got ironed out

11. mikeynl

mikeynl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mine was (is?) a black one and it crashed after 3 days.