1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW HD5 - funny black line has appeared! HELP

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by keka223, Jul 29, 2005.

1. keka223

keka223
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently got the Sony NW-HD5 and so far I like this player,even though sonic stage can be annoying.

I have only had it for 2weeks and so far no cracks have appeared on the buttons like I see other forum users have mentioned but I have got a black line appearing straight across the screen. This is annoying, has anyone else have this happen to them? If so how did they resolved this? I am thinking of going to the shop where I brought to see what they say, but thought I check to see if anyone else here knows what it is first.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks :lease:

2. hd5_host

hd5_host

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The FCP of LCD is broken, suggest you return to the store where you purchased this, or send to SONY for repair.

HD5 has really low quality...

3. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Do you use black writing on a white background? I noticed some lines being in places on my first HD5 before I changed it. These lines were where the different underlines of the page headings are in slightly different places on different screens (does that make sense?) and so would show through on all pages as if having burned a line onto the screen. On my new HD5 I have only used the inverted screen (white on black) and I have not had this problem.

Could this be your problem too, or is it actually broken as hd5 host suggests?

4. MRussell

MRussell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just sent my HD5H back to Amazon for the same reason. 2 Lines of pixels dead right at top of screen. Quite glad actually as it was experiencing some harder to explain problems such as clicky hard disk and failing downloads. A bust LCD is a nice easy reason for return!

That's the second one to go back. First was for the cracked buttons (not an HD5H, that one was a silver HD5). Hope it's third time lucky!