1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5 File Transfer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by davidmarek, Oct 16, 2005.

1. davidmarek

davidmarek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering the Sony NW-HD5 because of its looks and battery life. One thing that is putting me off is the necessity to use the SonicStage software to tranfer files to the player. I have used the Archos players and the ability to 'drag and drop' files is appealing asI use MP10 on the PC for music management and don't want to have to install a further music player.

I've seen the 'MP3FM' application mentioned - can someone explain what this is, and if it allows the transfer of files without loading all your music to SonicStage? Thanks.

2. dskywalker

dskywalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're using sonic stage only to transfer your songs over to hd5, you should be fine. I've been using SS 3.2 to do just that, so far its not crashed on me once yet. But downside is you do need to install an additional piece of software. And also, if your computer is in its retiring age, good luck! :D

3. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sonicstage is superior to MP3 file manager anyway. FM Is too simple, you might like it but all it does is comes up with a window of everything thats on the HD5, then you can delete, edit or add things to the window and it transfers. There is no real organising of music and all the cool stuff in SS.
    But its up to you, you can always use both. And mp3FM also has a feature where it installs itself on the HD5 and you can run it anywhere to add music. I would still copy the music as files to the hD5 as you cant transfer them back once you use the special transfer software like FM and SS.