1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5 - Editing album/track info

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GrooveyTunez, Jun 21, 2005.

1. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

Noticed a few mistakes ive made when transferring a couple of albums to the player. I noticed in SS that in transfer mode it shows your music library in the left window and the "atrac device" in the right window and what is actually on that device. Is it possible to edit album/track info in the "atrac device" window, in other words can u edit info thats already on the player VIA S.S.
    Was too scared to try it myself :p
    If not, then thats something i'd like to see in the next firmware.

2. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    indeed it is!

edit whats on the device - it works fine

3. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Editing the files on the atrac device is certainly possible.

However, on the HD3 (I don't know if this is the same on the HD5), if you edit the folder containing the album then ONLY that folder is changed, NOT all the tracks within that folder.

I.e. If you edit the artist name or genre on the atrac device then the artist/genre will have changed for the folder. Open the folder and you will notice that the tracks will still have the unedited info. Each tack then needs to be edited individually.

SS3.1 will change all the tracks properties for an album in your PC database, simply by editing the album. (Select the album and right click for properties and change the info). So it may be quicker to delete the offending album form your HD3 (?HD5?), edit your database within SS3.1 and then re-transfer the album back to the HD3/5.