1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD5 + Creative Inspire G380 Good match?, Speakers for the new Sony HD player

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by recsnmisc, Jun 15, 2005.

1. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all hello to everyone on this forum.
    1st post

I just got a new hd mp3 player, the Sony Network Walkman NW-HD5.
    I'll use it mainly as a portable device but I would like to use its line-out occasionally to set it up in my bedroom and listen to some music.

I'm kind of low on cash right now so I'm not willing to spend more money on a proper speaker system. I do have some gaming(?) speaker system (Creative Inspire G380) that I dont use much and would like to know if my 2.1 system would be something you would recommend.

I can see some problems such as 3.5 mm jack having to be converted to a "mini" jack to fit the mp3 player. I could fix this with an adapter cable. What worries my the most is the sound quality and since I'm no audiophile and not that savy in audio tech/specs, I would like to get your oppinion on this.

Are these products compatible? What should I expect, sound quiality-wise?

Thank you for your help.

http://www.sony.co.uk/ShowProduct.do?product=NW-HD5
    http://www.creative.com/products/product.a...27&product=9276

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    No, the HD5 has a standard 3.5mm so you should be fine.

3. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's nice. I dont have the player yet (ordered, arrives in a couple days) and I was thinking it should be a mini plug.

As for the fact that the speaker system was specifically designed by Creative for gaming (connects to XBOX and PS2, PC), do you think that poses a problem?
    Im thinking input/output specs, Ohms, frequency response etc (ahaha, I really don't know what I'm talking about :D ).

Thanks for you replies.