Sony NW-HD5 compression

C

chacko

Hello,
I recently purchased this player and am curious to find out what the best compression mode is in terms of quality of music/battery life. How many hours does your player last with this mode?

thanks in advance,
chacko

atrac3plus 64kbs will offer you the best compromise between battery life, number of tracks on player (10000+?) and sound quality. You will be use to use all equalization options. I've not been able to give this a torough test because all my stuff is in mp3 --alt-preset standard. Ill start using atrac3plus/atrac as soon as the player gets too small for all the stuff I want to fit in it.

I personally use ATRAC3 132kps, good quality and battery life is hardly affected. In fact I store my music 256KPS and convert on the fly if I want to have music files on my portable device at a lower bit rate

Attachments

• NW_HD5_Specificationsiii.jpg
    NW_HD5_Specificationsiii.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 89
thanks for the replies, anyone know how much atrac3+@256kbs affects the battery life?

chacko said:
thanks for the replies, anyone know how much atrac3+@256kbs affects the battery life?

I've used atrac3+ 256 for classical and live perfs because it is gapless. Also, I've read comments on hydrogenaudio forums that the Atrac3 codec is most suited to classical music, and is not as good as LAME -alt.preset.standard/extreme MP3 overall. I don't know how VBR impacts battery life on this player? Not had it long enough. Certianly it imports and plays all my Mp3 tracks flawlessly.

chacko said:

Check out the attachement I posted

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom