1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD3: Working with Playlists

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by hkoller, Jul 22, 2005.

1. hkoller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi folks,
    I think I´m too stupid, but I can´t figure out how to work with playlists on my Sony. I put together a playlist in the SonicStage software and then I transfer it to the player. But there I can´t find it.
    It´s also annoying that transferring a playlist transfers all the songs in the playlist again. Not only the list of titles (which are already on the player).

Can anybody give me some hints..... :lease:

2. *baggie*

Standard Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    You will find the playlist in the Group view on the NW-HD3. You will also find the tracks on the playlist duplicated in the Artist and Album views against the original album. Compleyely useless!!! Like it doesnt work properly on the nw-hd3.
    The only way that I have found of creating a "playlist" on the nw-hd3 is as follows.
    Create a folder on your pc external to SS
    Copy the tracks you want in your playlist into the folder.
    Import the folder into SS where the playlist will appear as an album.
    Select the " All tracks " view in SS and sort into"Date imported" order by clicking the corresponding column header. You will find all the tracks in the playlist at the top of the columnn.
    Select all these tracks.
    Right click and select Properties
    Change the Artist on all tracks to a ficticious name such as 'Your Name'
    Change the Album of each track to a ficticious name such as 'Your Name Favourites'
    Export the album to the NW-HD3 where the playlist will appear as an album and none of the tracks will be duplicated on the original album.
    Obviously not a straightforward method for the mass production of playlist. However if all you want is a couple of playlists containing you favourite tracks it works fine.
    If only Sony had done the job in the first place...........