1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW HD3/SonicStage - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by RobinChappy, Feb 28, 2005.

1. RobinChappy

RobinChappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Sony HD3 and I am delighted with it. The only trouble I seem to have is Transferring my cd collection over. I have set SonicStage up on my pc (Packard Bell imedia 6200 - 20gb, 64mb ram with AMD Athlon processor- 5 years old)

It seems to take me ages to rip the tracks (with difficulty recognising the data on the cd) to "My Library" Although transfer to the unit is very fast.

I also have trouble with my cd drive. When i insert a new cd to be copied i have to run a cd drive check every time . . . is this normal?? Could my cdr drive be on its last legs? If i upgrade to 256mb ram would this help?

Also is there any way of deleting the track listing from the music source page before entering another cd. Mines keeps the information (track listing etc) from the first cd i copy. I have tried getting the cd info but it just flashes up "untitled" and reverts back to the old information.

Finding transfering cds an absolute chore & only getting around 5 done per evening. . . . . . still a long way to go!!!

Can't afford a new computer so any advise would be gratefully received.

Cheers Folks

p.s. Any way of deleting tracks on the player without having to transfer them back to the computer??

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    personaly i would scrap sonicstage for ripping tracks, its useless, try this its called cdex and is a great little free utility for ripping tracks to mp3 you can set everything and it works like a charm.

deleting tracks from the player shouldnt be a problem, simply click on it and hit delete, its always worked for me.

3. cheesephantom

cheesephantom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone i`m cheesephantom long time reader, first time poster.

just a quick few questions really i've got my hd3 which i'm having some problems with, before anyone says i told you so....

i'd previously ripped most of my cd's onto my hard drive using windows media player and after buying the hd3 plugged eveything in and expected it all to transfer rwally quickly...it doesn`t

i can only seem to transfer about 4 albums at a time if i do anymore i keep getting "sonic stage not responding" and have to close it and start again.

is this sonic stage?
    or my computer?
    or me?

any help would be appreciated as i don`t think i can sit here and nurse it through my whole cd collection or do i just have to get on with it?

thanks....

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its probably sonic stage, its rubbish. i had the same problem but i managed toi get through it, it seemed i could transfer a lot at once but not all, try doing about 10 albums at a time, thats what i did, it took a while but was worth it.