1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD3 issues

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by aljanomac, Jan 24, 2005.

1. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To avoid going over old ground with regards to the HD3's volume I will simply bypass that particular issue. BUT....when you transfer Atrac3/MP3 files from the HD3 back to 'My Library' where do the files go? - I have been playing around with the settings and, unless I am being a complete muppet, the files get transferred from the HD3 to ...well, nothing. They vanish! - Done a search for .OMA files and the transferred files cannot be found. Any ideas?

(Also, when atre Sony going to get their act together and get some accesories on the UK market!!)

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I doubt it copies them back to SS.. it will delete them from the player. The normal directory for Atrac files is (roughly)

c:\documents and setting\all users\sonicstage\.. Sorry its under there in a folder like applied files.. cannot remember the exact path.. but under there are the OMA files.

I am pretty sure it would not let you copy back the files through SS.. its just moving the rights back...

HTH

Matt

3. Stahlhart!

Stahlhart!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think so too! It's part of the DRM that you can not transfer them back.

4. Hasselhoffia

Hasselhoffia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a section in the instructions on how to 'Transfer Audio Data Back to Your Computer'. You can happily transfer data back to your PC, as long as it was the PC you originally uploaded it from.

As for where it goes, I can't help sorry! Will have a play tonight though.

EDIT: Hear hear with the UK Accessories comment! I had a survey through from Sony UK yesterday that I expressed my disappoint via, amongst other things.

5. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Heres the full path :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\SonicStage\Packages\Optimized Files

6. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Checked out the 'rights info' of the tracks and it says "Can be transferred back to original" - When I try this it gets deleted. Have given up even trying to transfer back but opted to save all the .OMA files on a DVD-R so if ever I need to format the little baby I don't have to go through all the nonsense again. Thanks anyway guys :)