1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW HD3 is sonicstage the only way?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dogslikeyou, Jan 31, 2005.

1. dogslikeyou

dogslikeyou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my hd3 about three weeks ago, after reading a review that said that you did not have to use sonic stage to transfer music to the hd3 does any body know of any software? this would be a great help because as most of us know SS suffers all sorts of tech and bug probs. i have look at real player but it was no good

2. Hasselhoffia

Hasselhoffia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, hold tight for Real to update their plugin to support the NW-HD's. Can't be far away.

3. dogslikeyou

dogslikeyou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Reply

But i am not holding my breath for Real's update on the driver the hd1 has been out a fair while now and they still have not got one for that!

Do you know of any other software that might bring out a driver for the hd3?

4. cashback

cashback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    not true you can now put music on your nwhd1/3 using windows media player 10 series
    just connect your device and click sync hope i helped

5. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cashback, how do you find it using Windows Media 10? - Also, does it support Atrac as well as mp3?

Reviews on a postcard please... :)

6. cashback

cashback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    it is alot easier than using sonicstage but sadly it does not support atrac3plus :(

7. cashback

cashback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    oops soz bout size :spam:

8. mg-paul

mg-paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    also doesn't seem to work with WMA files :(

9. Doomke2k4

Doomke2k4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the player isnt playing wma...

10. shiveringgoat

shiveringgoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im prepared to be mocked for this but how do i download sonic stage 3 i cant find a link anywhere.

has anyone tried it, is it much better than 2.3?

12. Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theres a link in one of the other threads i think.

SS3 so far is only for the US, i downloaded and installed it yesterday, but was a wee bit miffed that i had to re-intitialise my HD3, for it to work, no matter i just left it to re-transfer my tracks overnight. Actually it wasnt so bad i only had about 3gb of music so far.

Another thing is it wouldn't let me regiter with Connect, cause i'm in the UK.

1 other thing i noticed, is that it still doesn't seem to be able to creat 'proper' playlists. It does let you create so called playlist, but ends up copying the same tracks that are already on you HD3 again, therefore you have 2 copies of alot of tracks :(

13. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

u were suppose to register in 2.3 BEFORE u upgrade, otehrwise u are screwed

14. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dammit i didnt know i would have to reset my hd3, its taken me ages to get it how i want it using ss2.3 that @&£*% piece of *%&£@ god i hate it so much!

looks like ill have to go back to it now though

15. Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I think i've registered...... i regstered with something on cennect when i had 2.3, the form only asked for my name, address, email etc but i thought they asked for your HD3 serial no. as well? I got an email thru, i'll have a read thru it.

16. nimrodity

nimrodity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how can i transfer mp3 to my upgraded hd1 with the wmp10,when i sync the hd1 finds no songs.And does anybody know why all my songs on my hd1 are .oma although i tranfer them a .mp3 and there is no conversion.(with Sonicstage and the vaio tool).Another problem is every few tracks sometimes every track need a long time to tranfer(3 to 10 minutes for 1 album)and sometimes not(about 1minutes per album)but more often it needs very long,but why?

17. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if u did register then good, go to music sourse, in sonicstage, click connect music shop, then go to ur accoount and enter details, u need ur login password and email address u registered with. now in ur account it will tell u the device serial number and the pc details. now dock the hd3 or hd1 go to transfer button top right click on atrac audio device, go to the bottom right and ul see a button ,click it and click authorise and the device should then work for u.

18. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in fact it is easy to know if u have registered, when u try to register a new account in the login screen if u have previously registered an account then it will say an account has already been registered on this pc u can only have 1 account.
    so its easy to know if u have registered or not.

19. Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to login but got this message:
    "It appears that your computer is currently accessing Connect from outside the United States. Due to licensing restrictions, music on Connect is not available for download from outside the United States." :(

I guess i'll just have to wait till SS 3.0 is released for Europe.

20. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that is very unusual, i am in ireland (southern) and it works 100%. in fact i have just purchased 4 tracks from SS3 connect usa store. mayb sonys uk connect shop means that sony dont want anyone using the cheaper usa site. i suppose with ireland it wouldnt matter which we used as there is no connect ireland store.
    so basically moral of the story is stick to SS2.3 until 3.0 comes out for europe. :lesson:

it mayb possible u already reged with sonys uk connect store which would mean the usa store is rejecting u. sonys support isnt too good so who knows, sorry anyway

21. caz1979

caz1979
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I posted in another thread I too was using 2.3 and upgraded to 3. I had already registered with Connect and purchased a track and although I could see the Connect homepage I couldn't listen to any preview tracks. I clicked some link or other to test the connection and got the 'clear off you're not from the US' message.