1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony nw-hd3 genre, artist, album???

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lam1920, Mar 17, 2005.

1. lam1920

lam1920

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody, I recently bought a Sony nw-hd3 and decided to put on some of my albums. After installing various albums i found that when i set the mode to artist or album the playlist would be all messed up and have two or more of the same artists catergories. Although i found that when i went to groups my albums could be found.

I know this isnt really a big problem but seeing as i paid so much for the product iw as hoping if anyone could help me sort this out and help me understand whats goin on?

many thanks

2. ljbpav

ljbpav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are getting several entries for the same artist (or albums), it's because the artist name isn't consistent in all tracks. Most likely some of them have extra spaces at the end, or are spelled slightly different. The text is also case-sensitive so watch out for that.

3. beatstreetz

beatstreetz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also say if there was a tune on the album that was featuring someone
    it would come up seperately in the artist section but would be fine if you just went to the album section,
    pain in the arse if your into hip hop :suicide: ,
    :cool:

4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yeh, best thing to do for that is have all the artists set to the main artist (eg. the game) then but the "feat...." bit in the title.

So you would have "(song title) feat. 50 cent" or whatever.

5. Kev12

Kev12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    This has probably been covered, but how do you edit in sonicstage once an album is on the device?
    I've got several such as untitled that I want to alter, but can't seem to get the edited stuff onto the hd3. It seems to want to stay the same.

6. khannyf

khannyf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right click on your album and there should be an option to rename

7. Kev12

Kev12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Done that.
    No matter what I re-name, the info stays the same on the device. Think I'll live with it, but I can sympathise with the above as theres nothing worse than having REM and R.E.M. as 2 artists. And a band called Rolling Stones and a completely different one called THE Rolling Stones! etc :thumbsdow

8. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse me if I am pointing out the obvious, but you are deleting the tracks from your HD3 then re-transferring the tracks with the modified track info, are you? Sonic Stage does not appear to flag up a change in the tunes properties as an update required on your HD3.

I wrote an item in this thread about updating track info.

Any help?

9. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to add that, for all of its faults, when you work out what Sonic Stage does, how and why it does it, then you can pretty much overcome all of these problems that have been mentioned.

You'll find that it takes a bit of trial-and-error in order to find the best method that works for you.

I have experienced the same problem that you are mentioning (Janes Addiction vs Jane's Addiction, artists on compilation CDs) and it is pretty easy to alter the properties of entire groups of tracks, so it is pretty quick and painless.

I think I'm in the minority but I actually quite like Sonic Stage (especially 3.0) and it does its job well - you just have to know what you are asking it to do! :)

10. Kev12

Kev12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    thank for that bit of tuition mate!
    Did what you suggested and there's a bit of light at ahe end of a long tunnel!
    Cheers

11. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

I used to hate SonicStage. Its growing on me though! I like to see all my albums in a list and select which one to listen to. This is very easy on SS. Also I like the way it slides across when you go from Music Source - My Library - Transfer... :thumbsup:

12. Squaky

Squaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably not that helpful if you use mp3s more than atracs, but when u convert em just reselct the artist at the top to turn all the tracks to the same artist. Also, i often found that the genre it put the album into wasnt the same as the genre of all the tracks, so just do the same to synchronize gnre and make it easier to sort thru on the player.