1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD3 - "Fixed price repair" = £72?!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by doshemekluta, Jul 23, 2005.

1. doshemekluta

doshemekluta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a HD3 in the serial number range noted on the Sony site as having a known problem

Just over a week ago it stopped working, sticking on the "Walkman" logo screen.

I sent it off to Sony with a covering letter and a copy of my reciept.

I've just received a receipt from Sony for the unit, and worryingly the job type is listed as:

Can anyone advise whether this means a free warranty repair, or the fixed £72 repair charge? :rolleyes:

2. thx25

thx25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Contact them to find out more info.....

Where you buy it from?

3. papabear

papabear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't know if this is a little but too late by on the sony website there a hd5 firmware upgrade for the same fault however it does say it's for the hd5 but not the hd3. I would try it because alot of the software hacks ie volume control works for the hd5, hd3 and the hd1!
    Worth a go I think, let us know how you get on.

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    mine did that...I jsut slided the built in batt switch off then on, like many others. I hope you tried it..... :rolleyes:

5. doshemekluta

doshemekluta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I did.

I tried turning the battery off briefly, and also for several hours.

The firmware upgrade... didn't think to try that. I think the player wasn't recognising the computer connection though.

I bought it off an English electronics company who were selling them on Amazon marketplace.
    Perhaps unwisely I sent Sony the original (and only) copy of the invoice.

I was rather hoping people on here had sent their players off to Sony before and could advise what the "Job Type" entry means?

6. doshemekluta

doshemekluta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the interest of anyone with the same query about this (in my opinion) ambiguous detail - I rang Sony and was assured that the repair was free

Hope it's back soon :clap: