1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NW-HD3 Copy Protected CD's

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Ravi V, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Ravi V

Ravi V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought this MP3 from Sony but unfortunately most of my CD's are copy protected!

Does anyone know if or how these can be transferred onto Sonic Stage and then onto the actually MP3?

Cheers.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,230
    Have you tried putting them in CD drive? I have several "copy protected" but all I did was close the media player that loads with the CD (you know, on CD case it says you can't play with normal media players e.g iTunes, windows media player etc, only on one they provide on CD to stop copying),
    then on Sonic Stage or iTunes, I instruct it to look in CD drive. Hey presto I can copy the CD. Weird that the "copy protection" doesn't work. Or in my experience anyway.

3. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rip the CD using windows media player (if you use windows XP)
    Then import the files into sonicstage.

4. FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Using Slysofts AnyDVD works (it works for CD's as well as DVD's). If SonicStage can't import the tracks because the CD is copyprotected then running AnyDVD removes the CD copyprotection and lets you import it. Try the 21 day free trial and see if it helps. Here is the link http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Hope this helps solve your problem.